Sunday, March 29, 2009

New (used) Computer. What about the old one?

Well today I purchased a used white Intel iMac and got a great Deal on it too. But thats not our subject for today. This post is about my old G4/400 tower and what I will attempt to do with it.

Since  the raid and multi hard drive towers  are fairly expensive I will be turning a computer tower into a basic Hard Drive unit. No need for the motherboard but I will be using the  built in power supply to provide the Hard Drives with the juice they need. I will purchase a 7 port USB 2.o hub and some USB to IDE cables off of ebay in order to wire it all up. I really don't see why it wouldn't work. I will take pictures and post them when get started. It shouldn't cost more than $30 CDN from what I can tell and I have a bunch of Hard Drives I can use (and need to use since they are my artwork backup).


More Later
MacPhreak out

No comments: