Monday, March 16, 2009

True Nature

Hey all, I just changed my blog name to reflect more of myself. As in the title pretty much describes me and what I am capable of. A few other titles came to mind like "making everything out of everything" or "making anything out of everything" but "Making everything out of nothing" seems like the one. It symbolizes to what degree people simply discard items that mean NOTHING to them that can be used to fix  or modify something else. 

As far as I can tell in todays society it is a lot easier to simply go out and buy what it is you need instead of thinking of an alternate way to use something you already have. I am not talking about making a new car or building a computer from scratch. Rather taking a dresser that has outlived its usefulness can be converted into another piece of furniture or combined with something else to save on space. 

Last year we took  my son's 2 dressers and a box-spring and created a captains bed. That is, the box-spring was dissembled to leave only the top layer, that top layer frame was mounted on the dressers on one side and the rest of the box-spring pieces were used to create the rear part of the support system. all this stuff we already had and therefore it cost us nothing to build it. Of course if you don't have tools then your gonna have to buy some but then these tools won't be  part of the cost on your next project. By the way, always respect your tools as they can be dangerous if used incorrectly. If you do not know how to use them get someone to show you.

My journeys have been mostly related to Radio Controlled cars but I have fixed and made things out of items that were headed for the trash and I will be posting more on this as I can get pictures and other info together to show you.

In the meantime in a challenge to you and myself I am asking you (the reader, if any) to take an item that you would normally toss out into the garbage and try to use it. At the same time letting me know what this item is and I will do the same as long as its something that I use as well and do not have to go out and purchase it.


MacPhreak out!

No comments: